Hanoi - Sapa
19.30 - 20.30: Our tour guide will pick you up at our office to escort you to the Hanoi railway station for night train to Sapa. The train conditions are very basic however we will travel in soft sleeper class which is compartment for 4 passengers with A.C. Stay overnight on the train.
DAY 1: Lao Cai - Bac Ha Sunday market - Sapa (B, L, D)
- After meeting a guide at the Lao Cai railway station we have breakfast there and go to the Bac Ha market for two hours by a van (AC).
- This is the largest market in the region, a place where many ethnic groups gather to buy and sell, eat and drink together. There are 10 minority groups in the Bac Ha region. You can buy homemade handicrafts and clothes.
- In the afternoon we will have a 2 hour trek to Ban Pho village (Flower H’Mong people).In the village we can have a look in their house and understand little more about their lifestyle and traditional customs. Especially, we can try homemade wine from corn. And then we drive back to Sapa for 3 hours. Overnight in Hotel Sapa.
DAY 2: Sapa - Lao Chai - Ta Van - Sapa - Lao Cai - Hanoi (B, L, D)
- After having breakfast in a hotel we embark on a lovely trek that will take us along buffalo paths and trails and through several hill tribe villages
- Lao Chai & Ta Van, home to Black H’mong, and Dzay people. This is an absolutely spectacular walk through stunning scenery inhabited by some of the friendliest people you can meet. Once on the valley floor you can really appreciate the wonderful scenery that surrounds you. The walls of the valley are covered with multi-layered rice terraced fields and scattered villages. Return to Sapa and then to Lao Cai railway station to get night train to Hanoi. The guide sees you off at Lao Cai train station and takes you on the train.
- Overnight on the train.
- Getting back to Hanoi at early morning. Take a taxi to come your hotel by yourself. End of services.
- Pick up and transfer by private minivan or 4 wheel drive
- Meals as indicated in the tour program (B= Breakfast, L = Lunch, D = Dinner)
- Entrance fees
- Purified water
- Train ticket Hanoi - Lao Cai - Hanoi round trip
- Accommodation based on twin or double room share
- English speaking guide
- Travel insurance
- Drinks & other meals not mentioned in program
- Personal expenses